Saturday, January 24, 2009

House Addicts

Here we sit on a Saturday afternoon, not to say we haven't been doing stuff, but we have also been watching episode after episode of House because we DVR it and truly love it!
I have watched this one particular episode more than once and am so impressed with the quality of this show.  I know that sounds stupid, but there is so much junk on TV these days, and I think it's great.  
BUT there is one side-effect to loving doctor shows.  An actual study has been done on this, and you might find it fascinating.  Those who watch (and follow regularly) medical-themed shows have a higher rate of fearing doctors... does that sound familiar to you... THAT'S ME!!! I hate doctors, and I don't want to go (mostly because I fear that I will have some terrible, incurable ailment that with change the way I live my life for the rest of my life). I know that I have to, but... I think that I would rather be sick, and just get better on my own, than have someone tell me what they think is wrong with me.
I have a doctor's appointment on the 29th.  Joy.  

No comments: