Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Seriously! I have been trying to get back to blogging for, well like forever. And now it finally works.

Spent most of the day the day in a loss pervention seminar from work where I got to retell on of my great LP stories:

About 2 years into working at Lewis & Clark I had a girl come in and ask me if we had a particular book in stock. I went to great pains to find her a copy. Which she proceeded to walk out of the store with. SO I went up to the cashier and asked her if the girl that I had just assisted had bought anything besides the book and the cashier said, she didn't buy a book!! The girl walked right out of the GD store with the book!!!
So I called campus safety and filed a report and I got the girl in trouble with the school.... problem with the internal management of shop lifting on a college campus, they are given community service (ok so here comes the best part) she is told that she must apologize to the bookstore staff, ie me, at which time she asks me if she can do her community service... IN THE BOOKSTORE!!

That's my funny story for the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh...how sweet. That definitely sounds like the way a trust fund baby would act.

Anonymous said...

I remember that story. I don't remember if I was there for that one though.

Also - had a great interview with the SM at Jantzen Beach and I have a phone interview with the DM in Portland on Monday morning.